I was Tagged!
What was your year like?
An unexpected blessing- Our unexpected blessing was Matilyn Kate! Of course, there are lots of little blessings that I know God intended just for me. One friend (you know who you are) told me to think of the song "I am a Friend of God" during these moments of blessings. She's right.....like the song says, "he calls me friend".
Smartest thing I have done- I'm sure it has something to do with organizing. I just can't recall what it is right now.
Feeling important- When I am the only one that can calm my girls (humbly speaking, of course).
Craziest thing I did- Colored my hair brown during my post partum period. Only after doing this did I read that you should NOT do anything drastic to your hair after giving birth!
Sentimental moment- There are actually lots of these. One is understanding what a blessing my husband is after adding to our family once again. He has shown unbelievable understanding and patience! Another moment that really puts a lump in my throat is when Julianna takes her tiny hands and softly pats my cheeks. One more that I'll mention--Susanne, there is a little pillow ornament you gave me that I put on our Christmas tree every year. Scroll down and you might see it peeking through the branches on the picture below.
Most enjoyable gift- A giant fortune cookie sent to me by Julianna and Matilyn (actually Billy) on my birthday. This was extra special because not only has food been soooo good this year, but Billy was in Peru during my birthday. This means he had to make arrangements ahead of time to help make me feel special. (Kinda like that him ordering me a yoga catalog one year just because he thought I might like it.)
Craziest purchase turnabout- I bought Billy the wrong the iPod and had to return it and replace it with the right one before Christmas.
Moments of maturity- Walking into my boss' office to turn in my resignation. This was a decision that Billy left totally up to me. Of course, it's moments like these when you realize how hard it is to put into action the thing that God has called you to. God called me to this event over two years ago and I struggled with it through prayer and continuous trials. Thank you, God, for being so patient with me.
Huge answers to prayer- My life this year is a huge answer prayer. We are living the answer and are extremely blessed to have a happy and healthy family.
Consider yourself tagged! Let me know about your 2007!
An unexpected blessing- Our unexpected blessing was Matilyn Kate! Of course, there are lots of little blessings that I know God intended just for me. One friend (you know who you are) told me to think of the song "I am a Friend of God" during these moments of blessings. She's right.....like the song says, "he calls me friend".
Smartest thing I have done- I'm sure it has something to do with organizing. I just can't recall what it is right now.
Feeling important- When I am the only one that can calm my girls (humbly speaking, of course).
Craziest thing I did- Colored my hair brown during my post partum period. Only after doing this did I read that you should NOT do anything drastic to your hair after giving birth!
Sentimental moment- There are actually lots of these. One is understanding what a blessing my husband is after adding to our family once again. He has shown unbelievable understanding and patience! Another moment that really puts a lump in my throat is when Julianna takes her tiny hands and softly pats my cheeks. One more that I'll mention--Susanne, there is a little pillow ornament you gave me that I put on our Christmas tree every year. Scroll down and you might see it peeking through the branches on the picture below.
Most enjoyable gift- A giant fortune cookie sent to me by Julianna and Matilyn (actually Billy) on my birthday. This was extra special because not only has food been soooo good this year, but Billy was in Peru during my birthday. This means he had to make arrangements ahead of time to help make me feel special. (Kinda like that him ordering me a yoga catalog one year just because he thought I might like it.)
Craziest purchase turnabout- I bought Billy the wrong the iPod and had to return it and replace it with the right one before Christmas.
Moments of maturity- Walking into my boss' office to turn in my resignation. This was a decision that Billy left totally up to me. Of course, it's moments like these when you realize how hard it is to put into action the thing that God has called you to. God called me to this event over two years ago and I struggled with it through prayer and continuous trials. Thank you, God, for being so patient with me.
Huge answers to prayer- My life this year is a huge answer prayer. We are living the answer and are extremely blessed to have a happy and healthy family.
Consider yourself tagged! Let me know about your 2007!




2 Comments:
I am so glad you did this. I had the most fun reading it. I tell people all the time about my special friend Suzanne from childhood. You have always been such a good friend! I am so proud for you and Billy! I miss the two of you - we need to get together. Lakyn loves to play with babies and I would love to see them in person. We had Julianna's picture on our refrigerator for years and Lakyn would every once and a while say, "Mom, who's baby is this again?" and I would explain to her who you were. I know she would love to meet you all. Talk with you soon!
My e-mail address is susanne.goodin@elmore.k12.al.us. Send me an email sometime and we can get together. Talk to you later!
Post a Comment
<< Home