Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Trip to Youxi


Above: Billy at the location where Julianna was found.


Today, Billy, Scott, and Anna Lauren took a trip to Youxi. This is the town that Julianna is from and it is two hours from the capital of Fuzhou. Celisa and I decided to stay at the hotel with Caroline and Julianna. We had a wonderful day playing and walking in the park. The parks in China are beautiful and seem to be a way of life here. Billy found out more about Julianna's background and home. She was found in the city on a road next to the river. This road no longer exists due to construction of new housing. She was turned over to the Youxi Social Welfare Institution who, in turn, placed her in foster care. The people of Youxi were very receptive to Billy and the crew. The director of the orphanage hosted lunch for them with the local civil affairs officials. This was quite an experience! They expressed appreciation for our adopting the babies and we likewise expressed how thankful we are for the care they've received from infancy. In addition to visiting the sites where the babies were found, the orphanage director took them to the foster homes. This is all just wonderful as they were able to take pictures and film the entire day. This will really help us piece together Julianna's past for her.


China is really amazing. I mostly find myself wishing I spoke the language. The people are very friendly and the culture is so rich. I'm still pinching myself just to know it is all real!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

suzanne and billy

thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing all this with us. your daughter is beautiful and i cant wait until she is here in montgomery alabama! our prayers are with you ( your mom that she doesnt go completely beserk),billy, julianna and the family you are with. PTL

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We took some pictures of Suzanne and Billy's web cam....See this link: julianna pics

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzanne & Billy, You are so wise to document Julianna's past roots for her. As an adoptee I know many adoptive parents try to deny the past, but my own mom always said that the past is who I was before I became who I am today. And Julianna will have a rich heritage with loving American parents who respected and loved her roots too. Congrats to all of you! Much love--Pam Massey

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Billy & Suzanne,
Well, it won't be long & you'll be back home. Sweet Home Alabama!! I've enjoyed visiting the website everyday. Some of the pictures made me laugh & some made me cry.Julianne is a beautiful child & she is so blessed to have you & Billy as parents. Take care & I wish you all a safe return home.
God bless you all,
Dorothy.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home